Affordable Housing for People who Live & Work in our Valley
There are two affordable housing entities in the valley: Blaine County Housing Authority (BCHA) and ARCH Community Housing Trust. Both have purchase and rental options. At this time, ARCH homes for purchase are represented by Anna Mathieu, Realtor/Associate Broker. It is a good idea to get on both BCHA and ARCH waiting lists. Anna can help you with purchasing homes from either entity, but information here is focused on ARCH for purchase opportunities.
We have a few Countryside Homes left which under construction.
There will be homes built at Quigley Farms, and there are occasionally other resale opportunities, so it is a good idea to get on the list early.
There are other ARCH homes that may come up for resale from time to time.
BCHA may have properties to purchase: BCHA/Purchase.
How to qualify?
Homes are made available based on your income. ARCH uses multiple federal programs to finance homes, each program targets a different income category. Sometimes there are two identical units financed with different programs and as a result, the allowable income and rent is different for identical units. Additionally allowable incomes are a function of household size.
Maximum Allowable Annual Income:
As of July, 2021, the new HUD limits will be:
|Maximum allowable annual income||1||2||3||4||5|
You will be required to take the Finally Home Class online or in person.
Other restrictions apply.
A deed restriction (also called Covenant or Land Lease) will require that:
- You must live in the home as a primary residence, it cannot be rented out or used as a second home
- You will own the home and you will lease the land from ARCH
- When you resell, your buyer must qualify for the same program requirements
How do I get on the ARCH Waiting List?
To be placed on the waiting list, you need to provide:
- a Prequalification letter
- a Completed ARCH Purchase Application
Note: The prequalification letter for the 80% AMI purchase opportunities (i.e. Countryside) must state that you qualify for the IHFA HOME program.
Lenders with experience with IHFA/HOME: click here
Try these links:
- ARCH rental opportunities through the Housing Company
- BCHA rental opportunities
- Rental ads Wednesday and Friday in the Idaho Mountain Express
- The local realtor board Wood River Rental Facebook page
- Balmoral Apartments
For information on the ARCH and St. Luke’s rental housing: see the Mt Express