Affordable Housing for People who Live & Work in our Valley
There are two affordable housing entities in the valley: Blaine County Housing Authority (BCHA) and ARCH Community Housing Trust. Both have purchase and rental options. It is a good idea to get on both BCHA and ARCH waiting lists.
2023 – 1 home in Woodside, 1 in Gannett, 1 in Picabo, 1 in Carey. These will all be for 80% of AMI through the IHFA HOME program.
And there are occasionally other resale opportunities, so it is a good idea to get on the list early.
There are other ARCH homes that may come up for resale from time to time.
BCHA may have properties to purchase: BCHA/Purchase.
How to qualify?
Homes are made available based on your income. ARCH uses multiple federal programs to finance homes, each program targets a different income category. Sometimes there are two identical units financed with different programs and as a result, the allowable income and rent is different for identical units. Additionally allowable incomes are a function of household size.
Maximum Allowable Annual Income:
As of June, 2022, the new HUD limits will be:
|Maximum allowable annual income||1||2||3||4||5|
You will be required to take the Finally Home Class online or in person.
Other restrictions apply.
A deed restriction (also called Covenant or Land Lease) will require that:
- You must live in the home as a primary residence, it cannot be rented out or used as a second home
- You will own the home and you will lease the land from ARCH
- When you resell, your buyer must qualify for the same program requirements
How do I get on the ARCH Waiting List?
To be placed on the waiting list, you need to provide:
- a Prequalification letter
- a Completed ARCH Purchase Application
Note: The prequalification letter for the 80% AMI purchase opportunities (i.e. Countryside) must state that you qualify for the IHFA HOME program.
Lenders with experience with IHFA/HOME: click here
Try these links:
- ARCH rental opportunities through the Housing Company
- BCHA rental opportunities
- Rental ads Wednesday and Friday in the Idaho Mountain Express
- The local realtor board Wood River Rental Facebook page
- Balmoral Apartments